Benefits of AquaCoustic Surveys.
AquaCoustic uses a range of technologies to survey dams and reservoirs, including:
- Scanning sonar
- Boat mounted profiling sonar & laser
- Survey through ice
- 3D sonar
- 3D laser
- Inspection class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs).
DAMS & RESERVOIR SURVEYS
In addition to the usual sensors for dam inspections, AquaCoustic has designed and built portable 3D SONAR and 3D LASER systems that can be deployed in a variety of ways.
AquaCoustic can provide accurate data to help in ensuring the safety, effectiveness, and environmental sustainability of dams and reservoirs.
Inspection Class ROV
- Capture video images of scour areas, sink holes and trash racks
- Sonar scanning in confined areas
- 3D Sonar profiling
- Dye testing for water currents
- Tunnel inspection, sonar and video
CAD ready data:
- Rock trap volume surveys. Identify and measure scour patterns and undermining from plunge pools or sink holes.
- We provide slope measurements from a single point.
- Gather detailed data from hard-to-reach areas such as under overhangs, floating structures or vertical dam faces.
- Accurate data can be obtained up to the shoreline or beside vertical faces where boat soundings are not reliable.
High current conditions
- The profiling sonar system provides better than 12 mm (0.5 in measurements at close range.
- Our laser profiler provides better than 8 mm accuracy.
- Combined Sonar and Laser surveys for a complete understanding of asset conditions.
Angle of repose using Sonar below water, laser above
- Determine earthquake values by accurate measurement of dam slope profiles from a single point.
- AquaCoustic uses a single beam profiling sonar to profile the underwater portion of the survey area and a profiling laser above water
- Obtained data up to the shoreline or beside vertical structures where boat soundings are not reliable.
- Pipe size verification
- Condition assessment
- Sediment or debris identification.
- Pre- and post-repair quality control.
- Repeat surveys to monitor conditions.
- Measure stop log guides, gates or other structures.