Onscreen image showing unknown sink hole
Details of Sink Hole 30
• This sink hole was renamed S14 seen in the green surface map above.
• The sink hole is found in the top left of the title image.
• This sink hole was found to be 14 meters deep and compromised the saddle dam.
Surveying Infrastructure since 2007 -The above survey was conducted through the ice using our 3D sonar system.
AQC Key Points:
• Tailor surveys to your requirements.
• Economical measurement techniques enable cost-effective regular inspections.
• Data can be used in CAD programs.
• Real-time on-screen review of sonar profiles allows modification of the survey.
• On-site assessment of unusual features that may require further investigation.
3D sonar through ice survey allowed for scour tracking over time.
• AquaCoustic was required to create an accurate CAD drawing of a plunge pool & scour hole, including any undercutting.
• This data was then compared to previous sonar surveys to evaluate any changes in volume or mesh.